Building Future Ready Family Businesses: Transforming for Growth & Continuity
Family businesses play an important role in ASEAN. In an era of rapid technological advancements, family businesses are not spared the rising challenges of global disruptions. Concurrently, succession remains the biggest concern on the minds of many family business owners as the region undergoes the wave of transgenerational transition. Many family businesses found that it is crucial to have the capabilities to innovate to be sustainable, as it is no longer enough to have only abilities to adapt.
Objective: To explore how ASEAN family businesses can rise to the challenge to transform themselves from wealth creators to value creators.
- How does the growth of family businesses bring value to / drive the ASEAN economy?
- What are some of the success stories in the transformation of the family businesses in a rapidly changing region/world?
- What are the challenges faced by family businesses and how can these be overcome?
- Succession planning and family governance – How can financial institutions support the transition of family wealth i.e. setting up of family offices?
- In the spirit of contributing back to the society, how can family businesses grow and uplift the business community?
Professor Annie Koh, Vice President for Office of Business Development, and Academic Director, Business Families Institute, Singapore Management University
- Irawati Setiady, Chairwoman, Kalbe Farma
- Serge Pun, Executive Chairman, Yoma Strategic Holdings Ltd
- Phuong Uyen Tran, Deputy CEO of Tan Hiep Phat Beverage Group
- Mark Lee, CEO, Sing Lun Holdings Pte Ltd
- Loy Teik Ngan, Group CEO, Taylor’s Education Group
- Shinta Widjaja Kamdani, CEO, Sintesa Group, Indonesia